In January 2021, Inframation Deals released its project finance and league tables trend report for 2020, covering 301 deals in the transport sector totalling USD 118.22 billion.
We are proud to announce that Steer has retained its position of first place in value and number of transport infrastructure transactions. Steer acted as technical advisor for 24 deals that reached financial close in 2020, with a total transaction value of USD 20.3 billion.
Steer ranks third in number of transactions across all sectors and second in value, moving up the table from fifth place in 2019.
Against the backdrop of the COVID-19 pandemic and its impact on the world economy, and the transport sector, in 2020, Steer continued to work closely with infrastructure developers, sponsors, financial institutions and buyers in Europe, North America, Latin America and India. Two of our projects have won awards at the Project Finance International 2020 Awards: the A465 project (‘Europe PPP Deal of the Year’ award) and the Brisa acquisition (‘Europe M&A Deal of the Year’ award).
Other transactions Steer supported in 2020 include:
- The sale of toll road operator Red de Carreteras de Occidente (RCO), Mexico
- John F. Kennedy (JFK) Airport Terminal One Development and Expansion, USA
- Refinancing of IH-635 - LBJ Freeway, USA
- Elizabeth River Crossings Midtown Tunnel P3 Sale, USA
- The sale of Delhi-Agra Road Project and Sadhbav Engineering’s eight toll road projects, India
- Acquisition by Hermes of a 74% stake in six shadow toll road concessions of Iridium Concesiones, Spain
- Refinancing of Aburrá Oriente tunnel and Girardot – Puerto Salgar highway, Colombia; and
- The sale of Concesion Costera Cartagena Barranquilla S.A.S. and acquisition of Briceño – Tunja-Sogamoso highway, Colombia.